Today, downloading and installing drivers has become straightforward and fast, unlike in the past, and AMD drivers are no exception. Most people can readily gain access to these drivers and install them with little complications. However, some individuals can find the process hectic hence require professional help. This guide provides insights into how to install AMD programs for those facing various challenges.
Deleting Old AMD Catalyst Drivers
As it is impossible to update AMD graphic drivers, the best way to get another version is to install entirely new drivers. Removing old video card players, including all associated programs, is essential before installing newer software. Steps to use are;
- Click Start> Control Panel> Programs> Uninstall A Program.
- Tap on AMD Catalyst Installer Manager, which opens up the uninstaller dialog.
- Click Next.
- Choose Express Uninstall All AMD Software and then click Next.
- Click OK to initiate the uninstallation process. The screen may flash and revert the resolution to a previous setting.
- Restart the computer to complete the uninstallation process.
Downloading the Driver
Getting genuine drivers can become confusing as they are solely found in software referred to as AMD Catalyst. Though several benefits associate the software, this guide focuses on downloading and installing the AMD program. Here is how to download the software;
- Navigate to the AMD catalyst official website.
- Tap the Download Now button located in the middle of the screen. It is easily spotted on the site.
- A page consisting of all drivers will show allowing users to choose the right graphics version to download.
- Based on the operating system and video card, choose the right drivers. Some drivers are well-compatible with specific video card series. For instance, HD 7000, HD 6000, and HD 5000 use an entirely different driver than HD 4000, HD 3000, and HD 2000. Besides, there are Beta versions that work differently from officially released AMD software.
- Click Catalyst Software Suite that initiates the download. Irrespective of which version is chosen, the program will download.
- Opening a downloaded file can vary depending on the browser used. If it’s Internet Explorer, click Run or Save while Chrome and Firefox require users to click downloads to access the installer.
Installing the Driver
After the installer file has been completed, users can readily open and initiate the installation process. However, some computers may provide a security warning dialog, but software downloaded from official sites are often safe. For a successful installation of the AMD software, here is how to install;
- Open the installer file, which requires an extraction folder to access the installation files.
- Run the installation file and click Install. The program will mount into the system where the folder created can be deleted as it isn’t the software’s directory folder.
Keeping the AMD up-to-date is crucial, but users must download new software while getting rid of older versions. Yet, it can become stressful performing the entire process, especially for beginners. This guide provides procedural steps to remove, download, and install new AMD drivers into the computer fruitfully.