Every child is different and has unique learning and understanding capability. The one size fits all and maintaining minimum standards approach is becoming ancient in the modern world. Due to this very reason, an ever-increasing number of parents are opting for homeschooling. It allows the child to realize his/her potential to the fullest.
However, due to the Coronavirus outbreak, many schools, daycares, and tutoring programs closed across the U.S. This further led to a sharp increase in the use of online private homeschools. Many parents turned into homeschoolers, but that became a daunting task for some as they have to juggle various daily duties. To help people with this problem, interactive homeschool programs became essential to provide the best quality education for homeschooled students.
Advantages of Homeschooling
According to recent studies, the trend of homeschooling is rising as more and more parents are opting to homeschool their children. Studying through online private homeschool has its unique benefits that can help your ward to perform better. The benefits include:
- Academic Flexibility– Homeschooling offers academic flexibility according to your child’s special needs. Every child is different. He may be a fast or slow learner, challenging, creative, quiet, gifted, active, or behind. Homeschooling fulfills all the specialized academic requirements.
- Choice of Approach and Pace– The choice of learning approach is in the hands of homeschoolers. You can choose the appropriate schedule, curriculum, grade level, and pace of the course.
- Meets Health Needs– Homeschooling prioritizes a child’s mental, emotional and physical health.
- Efficient and Practical Learning– The efficiency is increased due to a low student-teacher ratio. Also, the scope of education is broader than just teaching to test. The focus is on the development of a child rather than grades in this learning system.
Top Online Homeschool Programs in 2021
There are a plethora of online programs that can help your ward realize his potential and improve his learning through their unique features.
- K12.com– It is the best overall program notable for its comprehensive and ultra-customizable approach. K12 provides tuition-based private schools, summer schools, and standalone courses for kids with special interests and needs. K12 also offers a free library of literacy tools and free coding, marketing, or IT camps for teenagers.
- American Academy- The American Academy National HomeSchool helps you take responsibility for your children’s education through the daily home school program. It is a trusted and reliable homeschooling platform that exclusively creates programs to meet all the requirements set forth for homeschooling education. It provides an affordable and quality home school program, educational professionalism, and dependable service.
- Khan Academy- Khan Academy is an award-winning nonprofit online institution that offers free educational resources and a library of study material for students, parents, teachers, and homeschoolers. The study material includes topics for adult learners and high school students that are not included in many other programs.
- Laurel Spring School– An accredited online private school, Laurel Spring School meets the highest standards of academic excellence. It offers students a peaceful learning experience that comes with a premier private school. The transcripts are acknowledged by colleges and universities worldwide as being a fully accredited online high school. The accrediting bodies of this platform are the Western Association of Schools and Colleges( WASC) and Cognia.
- Time4Learning- Time4Learning is a comprehensive, subscription-based online homeschool curriculum. The membership is available at a reasonable price of $20 per month for PreK – Class 8 students and around $30 per month for high school students. Its curriculum resembles a traditional educational setting. The curriculum includes animated lessons, activities, quizzes, worksheets, and full-length tests according to the student’s grade level and learning standards.
- Bridgeway Academy– Bridgeway Academy is a PreK through 12 Accredited Homeschool academy that provides homeschoolers with all the necessary learning support. The national and International accreditation means the future is wide open for students. Every student learns through a personalized teaching plan tailored to their specific strength and academic needs.
- Calvert Academy– Calvert Academy is another accredited private homeschool for 3rd-12th grade students. The program here combines the flexibility of at-home learning with a rigorous academic course. Besides, the learning guide, usually a parent, relative, or tutor, acts as a primary instructor teaching using Calvert’s daily lessons. Calvert Academy uses Calvert’s education curriculum and offers a comprehensive educational experience.
Online private homeschools provide the perfect opportunity to cater to your child’s specific needs. It fills all the loopholes of the traditional teaching method and has its unique benefits such as academic flexibility, meaningful learning, and many more.